Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crazy Jack

Jack is nothing like Owen was as a baby. If you told Owen not to do something, he didn't do it. Of course, with Owen I figured this was due to my excellent parenting skills! However, Jack was sent to humble me. He does not listen and gets into everything. I now realize how good Owen was to me, despite being a bad sleeper.

A few weeks ago, my friends Meredith informed me that her son Ryan, who is four days older than Jack, started climbing out of his crib. Initially, I though poor Meredith, that sucks! Much to my dismay, Jack started getting out of his crib not even a week later. I was sitting in the family room with my parents and Robby after putting the kids to bed. Not long after I heard footsteps. Jack walked right out, sat on the couch and cuddled up to Robby. I immediately accused Owen of helping him get out. But Owen insisted Jack got out himself. Hoping it was just a fluke, I put Jack back in his crib. He then repeated to get out 8 times in about 10 minutes.

When Owen started getting out of his crib I just told him not to and he didn't do it. Not so with Jack! We finally had to go in his room and turn his crib around backwards. Poor Jack is now in a cage because the bars are higher than his head. It makes it hard to get him in and out, but worth it because he is trapped!

Here is the crib now that it is backwards!

2 comments:

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Oh dear! He's not old enough for a big boy bed, is he? On the bright side....he is determined...which will serve him well later in life.

THE TAYLORS said...

Hmmm... I notice something different about this picture... I don't think I see a single toy! You must have taken this picture at the beginning of the day :)