Monday, January 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know it is way past Thanksgiving but since my last real post was Halloween I have some catching up to do.

We had a fun Thanksgiving with lots of Robby's family visiting. All of his siblings were in town and we even got to meet his brother Sawyer's fiance, Maddie. Because there were so many people in town Kelsey and Tommy stayed with us at our house. Owen was very excited to have someone staying with us.

On Thanksgiving day, Robby and all of his brothers woke up early to go to a ward tackle football game at the nearby park. They had a lot of fun but were all very sore afterward. I think they forget they are no longer 17!


Robby came home with a totally ripped shirt and sweatshirt and a sore right arm. I kept ignoring him until I saw what his arm started to look like. This picture was actually taken when it looked pretty good. At one point his arm was black and purple from his wrist to his armpit.


If it hadn't been so cold that morning we might have gone over to watch the game but instead the boys and Kelsey and I stayed home to watch the parade and make rolls for dinner. While we were home we even had wild turkeys walk right across our front yard! I didn't get the best picture but there were about 9-10 turkeys just walking down the street. We have seen them on our street before but what are the chances they walked by on Thanksgiving?


That afternoon we had a wonderful dinner with the whole family. We are so lucky to have so much family nearby to celebrate holidays with.

The next morning Kelsey and I got up at 3:45 so make it to the sales. We hit up Kohl's at 4:00 (to get Owen some awesome Tonka trucks for Christmas that he loved), then went to Old Navy at 5:00, then on to the mall! We were very tired but it was fun to go out Christmas shopping. I don't think I will make this a tradition though!

That afternoon the boys all went out for a bike ride while the girls threw a bridal shower for Maddie. We were surprised the boys were up for the bike ride after the football game. Owen was sad he couldn't go on the bike ride so Robby and Tommy took him for a shorter ride after they got home.


The next week, after everyone left we got out the Christmas decorations. While I decorated the inside of the house the boys went out and put lights on the house. It was pretty cold but the boys still wanted to help Robby. Jack only caused a couple of lights to break so I guess it turned out okay.



No comments: