Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Eve

The last few years we have started having some friends over for a New Year's Eve party. So this year we decided to do the same and invited several of Robby's friends from growing up and their families over. We had lots of food and planned to make scones, which is what my family always did on New Year's Eve.

We were having a good time and there were 8 kids running around all over the place. At about 8:15, Owen came flying into the room on his Scuttlebug (a little 3-wheeled pedal-less bike thing), rounded a corner and fell off right into a kitchen chair. His hand went immediately to his head and by the time I got there his head was gushing blood! Ahh! Everyone immediately started cleaning up and packing up to go since they knew we needed to take him to the emergency room. Luckily, Maddy and Sawyer were there to take Jack, and Robby and I left to take Owen to the ER.

After three hours in the ER and 11 stitches we made it home right before midnight. Owen was a good sport and did really well at the ER. He cracked his head open all the way to the skull and needed three stitches under the skin and eight on top. We then had to wake him up every 2 hours all night to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Owen definitely made our New Year's Eve much more exciting than we had planned!

6 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Poor Lil' Guy! What a crazy New Year's!!! I'm glad he's ok, and that you had people to help you out! Glad to see you guys are doing well, and I was so excited to see a new post! Happy New Year!!!

Cadle Clan said...

What a night! Hopefully things will slow down for you guys! Hope Owen recovers quickly!

Erin Corbridge said...

That picture is hilarious!

C. Leah said...

Hey Cami!

I don't remember how I found your blog, but I wanted to say...

That your New Year's Eve sounds like mine, except mine event was on New Year's Eve, Eve. :)
My son Jacob hit his head on the bottom of my bathtub while I was bathing him and went was unconscience for about 20 seconds. We had to take him to the ER..rode in an ambulance and everything. Anyway, I'm glad your son is okay!

The Jensens said...

I LOVE Owen's picture. Tommy and I got a great laught out of it. Poor guy though! You need to get used to the ER if he's anything like his father.

THE TAYLORS said...

Hey Owen, tell your mommy to remind you to slow down sometimes!! That's what mommies are for bud!!! :)