Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Baby Emmett is here!

Emmett Robert Walker


7 lbs.
19 1/4 inches long

October 3, 2010
8:28 PM

We are thrilled that Emmett is here. On Sunday morning I woke up and thought maybe I was in labor. It was three weeks before my due date though so I wasn't totally sure. With Owen and Jack I was in labor for 16-18 hours so I figured even if I was I had plenty of time.

Luckily, it was General Conference Sunday so at least we were home and no one had any meetings to go to. (Normally, Robby would have been in meetings most of the day.) We hung out all morning and I even made a batch of cupcakes to take to Robby's parents' house for dinner. Around 1:00 PM we decided to go ahead and go over to his parents' house. Just in case, we packed a hospital bag and stuff for the boys. Around 4 PM, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and we decided we better head to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital I was already dilated to 5 cm (I had already been 3 cm the week before at my doctor appt.). Within an hour I had my epidural. (Can I just say epidurals are AMAZING!) Robby and I assumed it would be the middle of the night before I had the baby. But by 8:00 PM the doctor came in, broke my water, said I was 10 cm and told me to start pushing. I literally only pushed maybe 4 times and he was here. It was crazy. Nothing like having my other kids.

Since Emmett was three weeks early we had to stay a full 48 hours at the hospital. He wasn't considered a preemie but also not considered full term. I guess they called him "near term" or an "early bird." He had a little trouble getting his temperature to even out but once he got that figured out we were ready to go home. So far he's been a great baby and pretty much just sleeps.

Here's some pictures of the little guy.







6 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

So cute!!! Congrats!!! Love the going home outfit....so adorable!

rachel garber said...

Been waiting for this post! Congratulations - so cute!

lisa said...

what the fasheesies?? I thought you were early, but 3 weeks? and then to have him that fast?? that's cra-zy. I'm glad everything turned out well and that you got those cupcakes made. phew. :)

..Kris Naven.. said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you guys! He is adorable, and I LOVE his name! Congrats again! :)

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Yay! Congratulations. Oh my gosh, he is tiny and the brothers look SO excited. So glad it all went well for ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! WOW I am so glad your labor went well!! I am hoping for that kind of labor some day! He is so precious! And 3 weeks early! Think about how big he would have been if he would have stayed in there longer! :-) You are an amazing mama! Give my love to Robby and the boys!