Monday, May 24, 2010

Baby #3 is a ...

BOY!

We hadn't told very many people until recently but we are having baby #3. I had several miscarriages last year and we are so happy to finally have baby #3 on it's way. Up until now it's been a pretty long and stressful pregnancy, but I'm finally starting to get excited. Since I had so many miscarriages I was treated as a "high-risk pregnancy" and have already been to several doctors many times and have already had 4 ultrasounds. So basically, we already have a photo album for this kid. Now that I am almost 20 weeks and things seem to be going smoothly I will just have my regular doctor appointments from now on. Yeah!

Before we even had kids, I told Robby that for some reason I thought we'd have a houseful of boys. Sure enough my predictions seem to be right. Both Owen and Jack were pulling for a boy so they are very excited. I guess I should say Owen is very excited. Jack is pretty clueless about the whole thing.

Here's the most recent picture of the little guy.



So as you can probably guess this (and tax season) were why I've been missing from the blog world for awhile. For the last 12 weeks I have been strictly in "survival mode." My only goal was to make the sure the kids were fed each day. It doesn't sound like much but some days it was stretch. Thankfully, Robby works close now so he was able to come home a lot and help. His family was also a big help by taking the kids off my hands and even cleaning my house!

Here's some pictures from the last couple of weeks.

This is the boys on the Father and Sons Campout. (Yup, I was home all alone for almost 24 hours!)


Here are the boys playing in some fountains at a nearby shopping center. Owen loved it and jumped right in. Jack was not so sure and only got in for a second or two.

Hopefully, I'll have lots of picture coming soon. We're going to Monterey, San Francisco and my parents' beach house in the next little while so I'll actually take some pictures (if I remember).

10 comments:

Erin Corbridge said...

Look at us both updating our blogs today! So congratulations on the boy, and according to Dave ensuring we'll have a girl. (I'm going to call him Luke until you've decided on a name by the way.) Luke will be so lucky to have soooo many cousins his age. I guess it's good one will be a girl to keep all those boys level headed.

Olivia Carter said...

Congrats!

Brittney said...

What can I say? It's inevitable. Congrats and pull out the hand me down bins!

Whit and Steve said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! That's a great picture of him.

I'm sorry the last year and couple months have been rough, but I'm glad you are feeling better and everything is looking great. I'll be thinking of you.

So what's your due date?

..Kris Naven.. said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you guys! That is so exciting, and as we both know boys are wonderful! :)

The Chezik Family said...

congrats again!!

lisa said...

I'm soooo glad things are getting better... what an a-w-f-u-l tax season that must have been. Being sick AND having to have people watch your kids for so many appointments was undoubtedly stressful. But, the due date is nice timing though, don't you think? right after Oct. 15th deadline? (You'll definitely have your hands busy for NEXT April tax season... ahhh! it never ends!!!)

Oh yeah, and Kristi's due (with her first) about the same time you are.

rachel garber said...

Hey - I am so jealous about your house full of boys! congratulations! (can you believe it's been seven years since we met and you got married and sheesh - where did time go?)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congratulations! I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriages. So excited for you! I want bump pics!

Walker Family said...

Looks a lot like a Jack to me!