Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthday, Easter and Everything Else

I swear I have several good excuses for not blogging lately. But rather than get into all that now, here's what we've been up to.

In February, we celebrated Owen's 5th birthday. It's crazy to me that I have a 5 year old! He is getting to be so big and grown up and he can't wait to start kindergarten next year. And honestly, I'm very excited too. Jack will start preschool in the fall as well and I'll have two mornings a week to myself! Woohoo!

For Owen's birthday, I finally let him have a birthday party with friends. I told him he could invite 5 friends since he was turning 5. The funny thing was that most of the people he wanted to invite were his cousins. So really it was his cousins and a couple of friends. We did a Superhero party and invited the kids to come to "Superhero Training." We had three "classes": agility (obstacle course), marksmenship (balloon darts), and villain capture (pinata). The kids had fun and when they finished they each got a personalized cape and certificate. Here's some pictures of all the fun.

Ethan, Talae, Scotty, Owen, Payton, and Fallyn


Owen "capturing" the villain.


Owen's and his cupcakes.


Owen trying out his new cape on his new bike.


All the superhero capes.


Owen had a blast at his party and has already started planning for his next birthday. I think we have some time to work on it though!

From us and all of his grandparents, Owen got a new 16" bike and helmet. He was so excited. It's amazing how much faster he can ride on his bigger bike. He can now keep up if we all go on a ride.

Owen and his new bike and matching helmet.


Looking good!

I wish I could say we have been so busy, you know since I have blogged in so long, but the last few months have just been a blur for some reason. Most of it is probably due to tax season! In February, Robby decided to leave his job at KPMG and start working for a regional firm. It has turned out to be one of the best decisions we've made. It was nerve-wracking to change jobs right before tax season but we've been so much happier with him at his new job. He no longer has to drive 45 min. downtown (and expensive parking) but now works just a few minutes away (free parking!). It's nice that we get to see him more since he is so close. He often comes home for lunch or to help put kids to bed at night. It's been amazing. Don't get me wrong though, we're still counting down the days until April 15th (8 days, by the way).

This last weekend we had a pretty quiet Easter. Most of Robby's family was out of town so we skipped a lot of the usual traditions. On Saturday, we went to an Easter egg hunt at my friend Melanie's mom's house. (She had about 150 dozen eggs hidden!) It was tons of fun and my kids came home with lots of candy and toys.

On Sunday, we hung around the house and watched conference then went and had dinner with Robby's dad, since he was the only one left in town. It was actually nice to have a quiet Easter Sunday. The boys insisted on having another Easter egg hunt, so we did one, but it was pouring rain and really windy. Let's just say it was a very quick egg hunt.

Here's the boys checking out their Easter baskets from the Easter bunny. And yes, I know they look like they're dressed for Halloween.





That's it for now, but hopefully I will add more posts soon. I finally have a new computer so it doesn't take me hours to upload my pictures anymore. It makes blogging a whole lot less frustrating and time consuming!

1 comment:

THE TAYLORS said...

New computer aside from your Apple? Why would it take so long?! Glad that Robby is liking the new job. It seems as though Ryan has survived the last couple of months with out him... although you and I are in need of getting together!!! After the 19th we are pretty open!