Monday, December 14, 2009

December Craziness

Yup, it's that time of year again. No, not Christmas. Primary everything! It was nice to get the Primary program over, but then comes all of the end of year stuff that has to get done. Parent folders (not done), teacher binders (not even started), birthday gifts for next year (barely started), Santa's Breakfast (done!), Teacher Board Meeting (almost done), etc. I'm very much looking forward to a December when I will no longer be Primary president. It will be nice to enjoy the holidays without all the Primary stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love being in Primary. I just don't like everything that has to be done at the end of the year.

Needless to say, I haven't had much time to blog or even take pictures. We did get a chance to put up Christmas lights and even got a tree - from WiseBuys, $9.98! The boys have had so much fun helping decorate. Jack likes to continually remove the Christmas tree ornaments and rearrange them. Thankfully, I put all the breakable ones out of his reach.


On Saturday, we had our ward Santa's Breakfast. It was a lot of work but a huge success. I miraculously guessed right and bought the right amount of food and we had well over 100 people show up. Santa came, and the boys got to tell him what they want for Christmas. Owen asked for a scooter and skateboard, and at the last minute a red dinosaur! Great, that was not on his list a week ago. He is constantly adding to his Christmas list, so I hope he is not disappointed when he doesn't get everything he asked for.

Jack told us he wanted to ask Santa for a puppy. That's right, a real puppy. Thanks to the Walmart ad that showed kids opening a box with a real puppy. Unfortunately, Santa is not bringing a puppy this year, or any year for that matter. Jack says it so cute though I seriously thought Robby was going to run out and buy a puppy. (Sorry, but I no longer have any kids in diapers and I'm not going to clean up after a dog!) Jack screamed as soon as we sat him on Santa's lap so he never got to tell him what he wanted. I'll add the picture on the blog as soon as I get it. It's pretty funny.

4 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

So good to see you post something! We haven't seen each other in a long time....hope you're doing well and that you survive Primary! :)

The Jensens said...

Such cute boys! I love the puppy story, those darn ads! We can't wait to see you guys next week. It's looking like may be able to drive all day Wednseday.

Walker Family said...

I'm on the puppy band wagon. Jack and Owen NEED a puppy and you guys have the perfect backyard! Get them one! Oh, and very sad tree Rob, I don't know if you're getting your 9.98 worth. Perfect Charlie Brown tree, fits Jack perfectly. Miss you guys at Christmas! Send Pics!

THE TAYLORS said...

So what did Santa end up bringing Jack? I hear ya about not wanting a puppy... but never say never!! Miss you guys!
M