Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Planting Flowers

Now that the weather is finally starting to cool down, we have been spending more time outside. It is nice for us to get out of the house during the day. Today we bought flowers to plant in our planters. We got mostly pansies since they seem to do really well in our yard but we also decided to try some snapdragons. Assuming the neighborhood cats don't use our planters as a litter box, which they usually do, we will have some nice flowers in a few weeks or so.

The boys really liked to help plant the flowers. Owen always had his shovel handy to dig a hole for me. Jack just liked to play in the dirt. He kept climbing into the planter and I kept taking him out. He finally got strapped into his stroller to keep him out of the dirt. If I hadn't just put fertilizer into the dirt, I probably would have just let him play in it.



It may be hard to see Owen's shirt, but it is the shirt he was given at preschool. I don't know what it is but he seems to pick the ugliest shirt he owns and it becomes his favorite shirt. As soon as it is clean, he puts it back on. It used to be a shirt with dogs on it but now it is the preschool shirt. I should stop buying him nice shirts altogether! I guess it is just part of having a 3 year old.


When we planted the flowers in the backyard Owen was finally able to distract Jack by teaching him how to go down the slide. This slide has been in our yard for a few years and is a little worse for the wear. Grandma Corbridge (Robby's sister's husband's mom...phew) brought this to Owen with the intention of us fixing it. It never got fixed, but it still works so oh well. It is small but pretty steep so Jack would go flying off the end every time. Luckily, it kept the boys busy so I could plant the last few flowers.



When we finished planting the flowers, I pushed Jack in the stroller around the block so Owen could ride his bike. Owen is not the bravest on his bike. If there is the slightest hill he rides his brakes all the way down. And if there is a bump, he gets off and walks the bike over the bump. He is starting to get a little better but I don't see the training wheels coming off any time soon.


3 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

These pictures are so cute! I can't believe how big the boys are getting, and that slide is hillarious!!!

Cadle Clan said...

They look so cute! Conner misses Owen- maybe we can get them together and they can play. I'll email or call you...I have to find my cell phone!

lisa said...

that's great!--i love that owen actually gets off the bike and walks it over the bumps... that's hilarious! maybe that means you won't have to worry about broken bones anytime soon.