Sunday, April 15, 2012

Primary Plinko

So this is just a post to show off my latest project.

I've been in primary for the last 7 years now. First as a teacher, then a counselor, then the president, and now the chorister. Which, by the way, is the most awesome calling ever! I love it. And I've always wanted to make a Plinko game. There's so many ways I could use it. Apparently, my sister-in-law, Augusta, thought the same thing because she got my brother, Jeff, and my dad to design and make one for her. I saw hers when I was in Portland a few weeks ago and decided I had to make one. Jeff was super nice and sent me the plans to make my own.

So on Friday night, I headed to Home Depot, put the kids to bed and pulled out my power tools. (Robby's been working late every night since its the end of tax season.) It took me a couple of hours on Friday night (sorry to my neighbors who had to listen to my miter saw, jigsaw, belt sander, and drill) and a few more Saturday morning. But it was totally worth it in the end because it turned out even better than I hoped.

Here's the final result. Sorry, just an iPhone picture.


I used it today in Primary and it was a huge hit. The kids asked if I would bring it back next week to play again.

1 comment:

The Jensens said...

That is awesome! You are the coolest chorister ever.