Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We're back...for now

Can you tell we've been a little busy around here? Once tax season hits, I can't seem to get anything done. By the time I get the kids in bed I'm exhausted and collapse in bed. Only a few more weeks left. Oh, and we had about two weeks of the stomach flu, terrible colds, sinus infections, ear infections and pink eye. It was awesome.

Here's what's been going on in the mean time.

We took the kids to the Sacramento Kings fan night. All day long Jack talked about meeting Jimmer, but as you can see (or not see) he completely chickened out once we got there and wouldn't even get in the picture.

I made Robby's brother a chocolate mousse crunch cake for his birthday one Sunday. While we were eating lunch we realized Emmett was being very quiet and found him in the fridge helping himself to cake by the fistful. Luckily, the cake was mostly okay and everyone still ate it!


We took Owen and Jack to a Kings game against the Celtics. It was the day before St. Patrick's day and Jack kept asking us if BYU was winning or the leprechauns. Let's just say he was there mostly for the food. I think he had cotton candy, popcorn, root beer, licorice rope, a Hershey bar, and Dibs ice cream.

Fallyn, Owen and Payton took an introductory ice hockey class. Owen liked it, the girls hated it. And I mean they really hated it. I don't think we'll see them in hockey gear again.

I learned not to tell the boys we're going to visit Grandma Jane and Grandpa Jim too early. I told them a month before, so all day they would ask how many days until we leave. Finally, we made a paper chain to keep track.

No comments: