Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sprint Triathlon

After Robby and his brother did a triathlon a couple of months ago, my sister-in-law Maddie decided we needed to do one too. Since we weren't ready to commit to anything serious, we decided to do a sprint triathlon. Our other sister-in-law Shelby got on board too. (We are married to the 3 Walker brothers.) It was 400 yard swim (about 1/4 mile), 8 mile bike, and 2 mile run. I trained for all of 2 weeks!

I didn't do in any sort of record time but I did finish in 1 hour, 3 minutes. (Maddie beat me by about 2 minutes and I beat Shelby by about 2 minutes.) It was one of those things where I asked myself the whole run, "Why the heck did I do this?!" But after it was over it was awesome and I'd love to keep training and maybe try something a little bigger.

Of course, the husbands raced as well just to show us they could kick our butts. Big surprise! Once again, Robby beat Sawyer. Don't worry Sawyer, Robby is starting get old, you'll beat him soon.

Here are some lovely pictures from the event.

Maddie, Shelby and I getting ready to start. Maddie and Shelby are in the black tops. I'm next to them but you can't really see me.


Maddie coming out of the water.


Maddie starting her run.


Sawyer coming out of the water.


Me starting the run.


Robby finishing up the run with the boys encouragement.


Haha! Shelby's arm. For some reason she missed being photographed. But I'm pretty sure Robby's mom has more picture so I'll have to add some.

No comments: