Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Owen's First Day of Preschool

Owen had his first day of preschool on Tuesday. He was so excited. The first thing he asked me when he woke that morning was, "Do I get to go to school today?" Luckily, his preschool doesn't start until 9 so we had plenty of time to get ready. Unfortunately, we were almost late because there was a mile-long train going super slow that we had to wait for. Now we know we have to plan for the train! Once we got there I wasn't sure how he would do. He is usually pretty nervous when he has to go somewhere by himself. Much to my surprise he walked in the door and didn't look back. I signed him in, asked him if I could leave and left. Wow! Much easier than I had planned.



When I picked him up he said to me, "Mom I didn't cry at all!" His teacher's name is Miss Aline and he seems to really like her. I felt like such a bad mom when I dropped him off because all the other moms where there with their cameras taking pictures. Ahh! I didn't even think of bringing my camera. But I redeemed myself when I picked him and took a picture then.

The best part of preschool was that when I got home from dropping Owen off I put Jack down for him nap and had 2 hours all to myself. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. It is nice to have 2 hours of peace and quiet that I can actually get something done without interruption. I think we are ALL going to enjoy preschool this year.

2 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Oh my goodness! That is so exciting! Yeah for Owen...and Yeah for you!

Cadle Clan said...

I'm so glad he likes Preschool. We'll have to get Conner and him together soon.